SWATH forum

Author   Comment  
CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 
So this was a little indie title that I picked up and started today.  I'm about an hour in and let me say I've never clung to a teddy bear so tightly in my life!

You start the game as a toddler on his second birthday.  You learn the basic controls and meet your new teddy bear (who can be slightly creepy).  Your mother then lays you down in your crib for bed and that's when it gets unnerving.

I don't want to give to much away but you wake up in the middle of the night, its REALLY dark, only hugging your teddy will give any light and you begin to make your way through the house looking for your mother's room.

At first this may seem like another in the line of "Survival horror" games where you can't fight your adversaries (Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Outlast, ect) but you would be wrong.  The atmosphere conveyed from the oversized scale of the world to the increasing sound of your heartbeat to your ultimately endering teddy bear sidekick make this an engrossing tense ride that will especially strike a cord with those of us who have toddlers at home.

While I haven't finished the game yet at this point I feel safe with the following scores for an initial rating

Graphics: 8
Story:    8
Presentation: 10
Sound:    9

"Among the Sleep" is currently available on Steam for $19.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/250620/

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #2 
Very intriguing! Is the game only available on Steam?

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!