Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #16 
Sting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #17 
I am such an Ambrose fan lately it's not even funny. Since The Shield broke up I think Ambrose has the best character. Screw it, push Ambrose instead of the injured Reigns. Reigns is just another Batista anyways, except Batista could cut a promo and Roman Reigns can't. Ambrose is the true breakout star in my eyes.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #18 
The Royal Rumble is coming up, I vote for another Tournament/Rumble party. I could even see another Pro-Wrestling tournament [smile]

P.S. - I'll bring a change of clothes in case we get snowed in at Ryan's house again. That was crazy!

n00b
Reply with quote  #19 

Fast Lane Preview & Picks

In the road to Wrestlemania we have to get through a throw away PPV (potentially) like Fast Lane.  Creative will have to bring their A game in order to avoid another disaster like the Rumble match.  I have little faith that this will occur but here is the rundown of the card (at least my prediction of how it will go).

Pre-Show Match: Tag Team Title Match: The USO's v. Tyson Kidd/Cesaro.  Is it just me or has the tag team division been pushed back to little more than an afterthought?  Speaking of afterthoughts, Cesaro tagging with Tyson Kidd has got to be the poster children for afterthoughts in the WWE.  Cesaro won the 1st ever Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestlemania last year, which apparently was a brass ring to nowhere (shocking).  Meanwhile the Uso's have been at the top of the division for pretty much that same span.  Will there be a changing of the guard, or will the Uso's retain.  If you were rooting for Kidd Cesaro (new name for the team perhaps?) I think this match will make youso crazy (see what I did there? Stick around, its bound to get worse) because I see the Uso's retaining until the Ascension is ready to take the titles from them (Mania would be my bet).  Uso's win, allowing the sons of 2015 Hall of Fame inductee Rikishi (apparently everyone but Chris Benoit is a HOF'er in the WWE's book) to hold the titles through his induction speech. 

Diva's Championship Match: Nikki Bella v Paige - 
Instead of the typical Diva's "intermission" match, I am going with the bold prediction that the Diva's actually open the PPV.  I don't foresee this match going very long and unfortunately for the Pasty British Bombshell Paige this match will last just long enough for the Bella's to hog 85% of the screen time and for Nikki to retain the belt. 

Singles Match: Goldust v. Stardust - Personally, I would have loved to seen this match at Mania seeing as this is kind of the last hoorah for Dustin Rhodes in the WWE, if not Pro Wrestling all together.  Secondly, Cody Rhodes...oops I mean Stardust (what a dumb premise for a match by the way) is yet another under appreciated performer in the WWE.  Is he a main event talent, probably not, but he is a solid mid carder that can keep the energy up in a building for a show.  The Battle of the Dusts could be a sneaky good match but in the end it will probably only get 7-10 minutes at best and be little more than an afterthought at Fast Lane.  I predict that Stardust "goes off the deep end" which given the character arc of Stardust is pretty deep and he manages to get himself DQ'ed. 

Intercontinental Championship: Bad News Barrett v Dean Ambrose - Earlier I stated that Goldust v Stardust had a dumb premise for a match, but nothing tops this one:  Dean Ambrose wants his picture on the wall of IC Champs at WWE headquarters.  I think we all realized some time ago that Creative either ran out of ideas or just gave up all together but the fact its this blatantly obvious is just really sad.  I love Bad New Barrett but unfortunately for him, someone has to lose their title and Barrett drew the short straw.  The Lunatic Fringe speeds into Mania as the new Intercontinental Champion, getting his picture on the wall at WWE World HQ in Stamford, CT (every kids dream I guess).    

US
 Title Match: John Cena v. Rusev - The "Russian" hero (with a tattoo of Bulgaria on his arm....only in the WWE folks) vs the modern day vitamin popping (most likely roids) American flag waving hero Hulk Hogan, crap I mean John Cena.  Ultimately this could be a launching point to make Rusev an unstoppable monster but lets face it, Cena can only lose so many matches a year (Im sure its a clause in his contract) and one might think its a little early for a second loss on the 2015 HLR Train.  However, Im going to make the bold prediction that we will get the inevitable 5 moves of doom, an AA with a Rusev kick out, and finally the "Russian" slaps the Accolade on Cena who eventually "passes out" (since he can "Never Give Up").  Thats right, I am calling for a clean Rusev win (with Vince stealing a page from the NXT Take Over "PPV").

6-man Tag: Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, & Ryback v Seth Rollins, Big Show, & Kane - So the annual will Big Show turn face/heel speculation kicked off just before Fast Lane.  I mean we all know that when WWE Creative is trying to make a splash idea #2 usually has something to do with a Show turn.  Although I do believe that Show doesn't turn his back on Rollins & Kane and becomes a "good soldier" once again.  However, the surprise in this match will come in the form of a Randy Orton return to cost Rollins & Co. the win and setting the ground work for Rollins v Orton at Mania.

#1 Contenders Match: Roman Reigns v Daniel Bryan - The main event could be great, but in order for that to happen Bryan will have to do some heavy lifting.  People may give Cena crap for his "5 moves of Doom" but 5 moves would be a vast expansion of Reign's move set.  However, Bryan probably has been told all week to "make sure you make Reigns look strong" which Bryan being the company man that he is, will do just that.  However, just as the WWE Universe starts to come to grips with Reigns yet again going over, The WWE Champion makes his presence felt and F5's both men setting up a Triple Threat at Mania for the belt (I know that 2 run ins is not creative at all, but remember who we are talking about here). 

Triple H confronts Sting -  The night ends with the Triple H confrontation of Sting.  Ol' Paul will ramble on for about 5-10 minutes about being the King of Kings and the COO of WWE and something about how Sting never had the balls to step into the ring with the Cerebral Assassin because he isnt half the man that the Game is.  Triple H will then make a snide comment on why hasn't Sting come out yet or hell call for Sting to come out and he won't.  At this point the camera's cut away from the ring, showing an attempted ambush of Sting backstage, but Sting has the great equalizer with him, his trusty bat.  Sting fights his way through the ambush and heads to the ramp.  Sting heads to the ring, bat in hand, but Triple H has his own equalizer, the 20 lb Sledge.  A stalemate occurs and then Paul challenges Sting to a match at Mania.  Sting points to the sign and walks away.

I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on my Fast Lane predictions, as well as any thoughts on my predictions.  After Fast Lane, I will post up the “what the Herd got right/wrong” and my overall reaction to the PPV.  

Jedielfsorcerer

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #20 
Ill be honest, I havent watched since CM Punk 'quit'

―Darth Sidious
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #21 
Do The Bushwackers really need to be in the Hall of Fame? I'm starting to realize that, much in the same way planet Earth will eventually be full of cemeteries and landfills, the WWE HoF will be filled with EVERY single superstar no matter how insignificant or unworthy. 15 years from now they'll probably try to add R-Truth, Christian and Buff Bagwell.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #22 
Wrestlemania is shaping up nicely. I especially like the Intercontinental Championship ladder match being planned out. Don't expect Ziggler to win though, lol he'll be too busy taking all the bumps.

HHH vs Sting is very intriguing, but I hope to hell HHH sets his ego aside and gives the victory to Sting. It'll probably be his only WM before he retires.

n00b
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Do The Bushwackers really need to be in the Hall of Fame? I'm starting to realize that, much in the same way planet Earth will eventually be full of cemeteries and landfills, the WWE HoF will be filled with EVERY single superstar no matter how insignificant or unworthy. 15 years from now they'll probably try to add R-Truth, Christian and Buff Bagwell.

My understanding is that the Bushwackers are probably going in due to the fact that they were a successful tag team for almost 40 years (They were also billed as the Sheepherders and the Kiwis).  They also sold a boat load of merch for the Fed during their brief run in the WWF so that also probably factors into this as well.

The Herd

n00b
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Wrestlemania is shaping up nicely. I especially like the Intercontinental Championship ladder match being planned out. Don't expect Ziggler to win though, lol he'll be too busy taking all the bumps.

HHH vs Sting is very intriguing, but I hope to hell HHH sets his ego aside and gives the victory to Sting. It'll probably be his only WM before he retires.

What I find interesting about the Triple H v Sting angle is that they are going back to the WCW thing which I find confusing.  Basically if you are going to have this be the angle you cant have Sting win the match, because you imply that the best of the WCW was better than the king of the WWE.  I think they have to shift this storyline in some way shape or form if they are going to have Sting win.  

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #25 
They are probably going to do something stupid with the finish of the match. I hope they have Sting win, though. They have to give him something, now that PPV bonuses have all but disappeared lol. The "honor" of wrestling for WWE at a Wrestlemania is not enough for Sting.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #26 
So I'm getting really antsy about the March 16th Raw. I'll be going to the event with my wife, PD1 and my little brother Sam, and 'little' is really a formality here lol. He's 25 and around 300 lbs. I'm not sure if anyone on this site has met him besides KillerIntraining and ManWhoIsChaos. Maybe Herd has, not sure. Sam is the main reason I am so excited; he loves wrestling as much as I do and it's his first time in a big arena besides performing at the Special Olympics. He has Downs Syndrome and I cannot wait to see his face light up like a lighthouse when we walk in and he sees the ring and everything set up. We've told him that we're going, but he won't truly understand until he sees that ring. I'll post pics of his reactions when his favorites, Cena, Daniel Bryan and HHH come out, plus whatever other surprises WWE drops on us.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #27 
Cant wait to see the pics man.  Have a great time!!!

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #28 
Pics coming soon. Seeing Sting was awesome, but the camera died by the time he came out. I'm pretty excited for Wrestlemania, it's got a little bit of unpredictability to it and I cannot wait to see the ladder match!!

n00b
Reply with quote  #29 
Did yall hear about Rey Rey?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!