SWATH forum

Author   Comment  
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #1 
Declare your favorite Novels here! Stand alone stories or collection of comics put in graphic novel form.

Last novel I read was AvX and it was pretty sweet. I was a little put off by how easy the Phoenix 5 were beaten, but extremely satisfied at the handling of Cyclops. It happens just like it should, if you think about it.

My absolute favorite Graphic Novel series is DC's 52. If you haven't read it, read it!

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
Shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone but my top has to be Superman: Birthright.  Amazing art an excellently crafted story.  Man of Steel took some elements from the story, but had they followed this like a bible we would have had something really special in the theaters

[Superman_Birthright_5] 

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #3 
FI6cov.jpg 

I liked the Fear Itself collection, but it was waay too short. Maybe there were issues that weren't added in to the graphic novel version, but I wasn't satisfied with the short story. The ending was fit, it just should have lasted longer than it should have, but the armor and weapons Tony Stark made were sweet!! I'm not sure if the characters kept them or if they were forced to destroy them.....

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #4 
I have always been partial to Kingdom Come.  

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 
Kingdom come has always been one of my favorites!

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #6 
It's been so long since I read Kingdome Come and still gotta enjoy it.  But as far as a comic collection goes for a series/novel..the Infinity Gaunlet crossovers.  So many great characters involved in it... and they all still pretty much lost.

But I'm also a fan of the Predator vs Batman and Predator vs Aliens and I gotta say Death of Superman was a great one as well.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #7 
For my birthday back in September I received the graphic novel version of The Hobbit, and it looks great. It has the old style art to it and even though they had to cut a lot of the story out (obviously) the remaining text is perfect for new readers and old readers alike.

[9780261102668] 

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!