SWATH forum

Author   Comment  
MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 

Justice_League-War.jpg This is the sequel to Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox and they did a really nice job with it.  While the voice actors are different (NATHAN FILLION SHOULD ALWAYS BE GL!) I still enjoyed this movie immensely.  Was it as good as Flashpoint?  No.  Not even close...but it was still good if not great.   A strong 7 out of 10
It did a nice job of introducing us to the "new" heroes and gave us a look at an old "friend".  Really well written buuuutttt.....

WARNING SPOILERS!!!!

1.  Where was Aquaman??  They made him out to be a badass in Flashpoint so I was hoping the "New 52) would continue this trend...they didn't even put him in the movie.  I guess it's back to being Chicken of the Sea for Aquaman.

2.  The plot seemed really familiar...like "I just saw this in the Avengers movie" familiar.  With the imagination that went into Flashpoint I was disappointed they had to recycle Marvel's idea.

3.  The Superman making googly eyes at Wonder Woman moment made me want to vomit.  So I did...in my mouth...just a little.  Wonder Woman should be with Bats and Superman should be with/not with Lois Lane.  This "budding romance" crap should be left in Twilight.

4.  Cyborg!!!!  They should've done this with Cyborg a long time ago.  Better late than never.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
Great movie, glad I watched it with you for the first time because our commentary and reactions were priceless.  

Love the interaction between all the heroes, thought Darkseid's voice was damn near perfect and what I have always thought it should be.  Dont get me wrong, Michael Ironside did awesome in the Justice League cartoons, but in War his voice was so evil it almost gave you goosebumps.

I will say this, while I dont know where War will rank among the other DC animated movies just yet - it quite possibly has the best one liners out of them all!  Here is an example:

"Hey, Blackheart the Deatheater, or whatever your World of Warcraft name is, SUCK ON THIS!" - Shazaam to Darkseid

Vash007

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #3 
You know Crowley for someone who doesn't like cartoons you seem to like this one ...[biggrin]

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash007
You know Crowley for someone who doesn't like cartoons you seem to like this one ...[biggrin]

The word you're looking for is ANIME not cartoons, anime.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 

After talking with RyantheGr8 today before the Robocop movie started I was told we should've watched past the credits (something I rarely do when watching movies at home).  There is a scene in which Aquaman and his son come to the surface in a giant destroyer and say something along the lines of "Too many fish have died and the land dwellers must pay".  Now that I've actually typed that "quote" I'm kinda' glad I missed it. 

Look, as bad ass as Aquaman was in Flashpoint whining about fish dying seems kinda' lame.  I mean really?  REALLY?!  Fish?!!!!  Oh well....maybe he'll redeem himself but something tells me he won't.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #6 
Its Orm, Ocean Master (Aquaman's brother) that says the surface dwellers will pay.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #7 
I thought they did a good job with this, but was kind of disappointed that Aquaman didn't have a larger roll.  I know he catches a lot of shit, but he's really been redeemed IMO with the New 52.

As far as the plot goes this was written and in print (Justice League #1-6) before Avengers even came out so if anything they stole from this.

and this.....

[aquamegalodon] 

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!