SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Skywalker vs Yoda
 Skywalker 18 66%
 Yoda 9 33%
Total votes: 27. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 
MLSkywalkerVYoda@Temple.jpg

Killer Drunk

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
So Yoda technically has "home field advantage" but I don't see it helping. Even if other Jedi were to help Master Yoda I believe Master Skywalker is still too powerful. 

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #3 
I think it would be a good fight, and Luke wouldn't attack first.  Yoda could also use their history against him, at least for a little while.  Beings that Yoda was technically Luke's master.  

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #4 
Yoda is the greatest Jedi ever.  -.-  Yoda is certainly not the most overrated Jedi in the Star Wars Universe.  -.-  (Stupid Bears losing to the Raiders)

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley
Yoda is the greatest Jedi ever.  -.-  Yoda is certainly not the most overrated Jedi in the Star Wars Universe.  -.-  (Stupid Bears losing to the Raiders)

[rofl]

Jedielfsorcerer

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #6 
One hard battle to figure but I say Grandmaster Luke wins. He's got more feats than Yoda. He's landed himself and two others from a free fall drop off orbit using the force, he's walked on lava while battling a fire worm, overcame the brainwashing by a renewed, stronger, revived Palpatine (who could summon inter-dimensional wormholes through the force; aka force storms), he could use electric judgment (light-side version of force-lightning), master of all forms of lightsaber combat, telepathically communicated with all the Jedi in the galaxy when he became Jedi Grand Master (Dark Nest III: The Swarm War), among many other achievements. 

―Darth Sidious
inFAMOUS

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #7 
Yoda has more knowledge of the force but Luke had more talent.  All of the Old Republic teachings were lost and I dont recall Luke ever learning most of it.  I also agree Luke would have a tough time fighting his old Master.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #8 
Master Skywalker is much stronger in the force than Yoda, at least after the events of 'Jedi' anyways. Yoda may be more wise, but at Luke's strongest, its only a little.

I agree with the fact that Skywalker wouldn't attack first, and I'll add in that these two would only ever fight in a sparring way; the Jedi Temple is perfect for that. Yoda would throw out the first attack and he'd push Luke's defenses to the max, but in the end, it would be Grand Master Skywalker standing as the winner.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #9 
I can't believe I'm even going to say this...trust me, this hurts in a physical and emotional way but...the only character that even comes close to being as not (inserted only because I have to) overrated as Yoda is GM Skywalker.  Yoda has 900yrs of experience.  GM Skywalker doesn't.  Ugh...that hurt.  I feel sick and a bit dirty.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Master Skywalker is much stronger in the force than Yoda, at least after the events of 'Jedi' anyways. Yoda may be more wise, but at Luke's strongest, its only a little. I agree with the fact that Skywalker wouldn't attack first, and I'll add in that these two would only ever fight in a sparring way; the Jedi Temple is perfect for that. Yoda would throw out the first attack and he'd push Luke's defenses to the max, but in the end, it would be Grand Master Skywalker standing as the winner.

That's true, it would be a sparring type of battle.  I would love to see it.  

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley
I can't believe I'm even going to say this...trust me, this hurts in a physical and emotional way but...the only character that even comes close to being as not (inserted only because I have to) overrated as Yoda is GM Skywalker.  Yoda has 900yrs of experience.  GM Skywalker doesn't.  Ugh...that hurt.  I feel sick and a bit dirty.

LMAO Does someone have a gun to your head? 

―Darth Sidious
don337

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #12 
You know, I just watched Revenge of the Sith and I am convinced Yoda beat Sidious in the lightsaber part of the duel.  If Yoda and Skywalker fought with just their lightsabers then I think Yoda would win.  But, much like the fight with Palpatine, Yoda would be outmatched by Luke Skywalker in force abilities.  

I'm back bitches
Red Five

n00b
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by don337
You know, I just watched Revenge of the Sith and I am convinced Yoda beat Sidious in the lightsaber part of the duel.  If Yoda and Skywalker fought with just their lightsabers then I think Yoda would win.  But, much like the fight with Palpatine, Yoda would be outmatched by Luke Skywalker in force abilities.  

I somewhat agree but it doesnt matter and Grandmaster Skywalker would still win.  For the same reasons as you also pointed out.  
Asger

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #14 
I think Yoda would win.  Can someone tell me a foe that Luke ever faced who was as strong as Yoda?

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #15 
Darth Caedus, Mara Jade, Darth Vader, Lumiya, etc not to mention the Yuuzhan Vong

―Darth Sidious
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!