SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Skywalker vs Yoda
 Skywalker 18 66%
 Yoda 9 33%
Total votes: 27. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
pukedrunk

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #16 
When I saw this on the schedule I started to piece together how Luke would win in my head but the more and more I though bout it I was wrong. 

I'm not going to recount every battle Yoda fought, and compare them to every battle Luke fought. So for the moment, unless someone brings up counter examples, I'll make this point by a very simple comparison.

>Yoda became a Jedi Master before 800 BBY. For more than 800 years, he was the greatest Force wielder and the wisest Jedi in the galaxy, renowned as 1 of the 3 greatest Jedi to have ever lived.

>At the age of 30, Luke re-formed the Order around 11 ABY; he assumed the title of Grand Master around 36 ABY, and died at some point well before 137 ABY. Luke was a Jedi Master for less than 100 years.

Assuming we are matching these two in their prime, Yoda has 700+ years of experience more than Luke has.  Even if Skywalker has more force powers, that experience tips this one to Yoda.

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #17 
Skywalker vs. Darth Sidious = Skywalker won that about 12 times. Yoda vs. Sidious? Yoda lost the only time that mattered. Yoda lived longer because his race lives longer. Master Skywalker became the greatest Jedi in the history of Jedi (fact) (shut up Crowley lol) with minimal training, he pretty much taught himself his entire life. He adapts to everything and conquers all. Skywalker wins this with average difficulties.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #18 
Ya Yoda maybe is better with the saber.  So this video is legit how it would go.  

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcdonald
Ya Yoda maybe is better with the saber.  So this video is legit how it would go.  

Lol something like that, but Luke wouldn't lose his Saber

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #20 
Im going to follow up my original post with some more thoughts on why Yoda comes out the victor against Luke.

>Yoda spent upwards of 800 years as a Jedi Master, teaching many generations of Jedi Knights. Through those years, he had unlimited access to the vast Library in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, with all the books, artifacts, and holocrons the Order had accumulated over the millennia. He spent centuries learning from and teaching some of the greatest Jedi Masters of all time.

>Luke did not have access to any of this knowledge. He was forced into action after mere months of informal training under an old and dying master, and spent a large amount of his career scouring the galaxy for fragments of Jedi lore that Palpatine missed in the purge. Despite his best efforts, he could hardly have recovered more than a tiny fraction of the knowledge that was lost. The finer points of dueling were lost with the masters that knew them; those that could have mentored him in the classic forms were either killed in the Clone Wars and the Purge (Form II, Dooku; Form VII, Windu) or died before they had the chance to teach him more than the basics (Form III, Kenobi; Form IV, Yoda). Force Lighting, an attack Luke struggled to defend against for most of his career, was obviously not a problem for Jedi Masters before the purge; Yoda and Windu are both shown redirecting it without taking damage - Yoda doing so with his bare hands.

>The Library was destroyed shortly before Luke's birth, and he struggled all his life to attain the basic knowledge that a few months in it's halls could have given him.

>Yoda's Force abilities were naturally great, but were also highly trained over centuries with all the knowledge of the Order at his disposal.

>Luke learned most of his abilities by instinct or by experimentation; his development was hindered by his lack of training. Many of the abilities he learned, such as generating Force Storms, he learned from his enemies.

>Yoda mastered all of the lightsaber fighting forms, learning them in the mature, polished form that 3000 years of combat use had given; and he used those forms effectively against many enemies who were also trained to a high level.

Luke learned the basics, and learned the rest by trial and error; mostly against backwater foes and rustic Sith Lord - wannabes. The few times in his early career that he faced against a truly formidable opponent, he either lost or required back-up to win. As good as he eventually got, its clear he never quite made it into Yoda's league.

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #21 
Dude, Luke has reached a point in the EU where he's basically a Force Diety. He can create Force Storms and dissolve other's Force Storms like it's nothing. He can move black holes with the Force. He can render himself invisible to other force users. He can teleport himself and objects using Fold Space. His Force Fields are strong enough to, at the very least, block shots fired from an AT-AT:

He can do a lot of other amazingly awesome shit that we can only assume Yoda can do. Just because Luke wasn't trained as a Jedi from infancy like all the other spoiled Jedi brats, doesn't mean he is a slouch. Don't make me copy and paste everything I read on other forums like Pukedrunk did.

n00b
Reply with quote  #22 
I say Skywalker.  He is beyond powerful.  Force diety sounds about right, like Supercallo said.  Yoda = outmatched 

n00b
Reply with quote  #23 
When you say invisible to others do you mean literally or figuratively?

n00b
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedielfsorcerer
Darth Caedus, Mara Jade, Darth Vader, Lumiya, etc not to mention the Yuuzhan Vong

Reborn Palpatine too

n00b
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mad Titan

Invisibile to other force users.  Not see through.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Drunk
So Yoda technically has "home field advantage" but I don't see it helping. Even if other Jedi were to help Master Yoda I believe Master Skywalker is still too powerful. 

I bet Yoda would have them spectate.

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Maxx
Quote:

Invisibile to other force users.  Not see through.

Yes, not Invisibility Cloak-invisible, invisible to other force users, i.e. undetectable through the force.

n00b
Reply with quote  #28 
Would that work on Yoda?  

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Would that work on Yoda?  

You mean like when Palpatine did it to him and the rest of the Jedi order?

Yes, yes it would work on Yoda.  

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Would that work on Yoda?  

He may know of the technique, but then again he may not. For all we know Yoda invented it but we just don't know for sure. What we DO know is Master Skywalker used it many times, even on Coruscant and against his own students and sister

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!