SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Obi-Wan Kenobi vs Darth Malgus
 Obi-Wan Kenobi 1 20%
 Darth Malgus 4 80%
Total votes: 5. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 
obivsmalgus@spacestation.jpg

RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
This would be a great fight, especially on Malgus' turf.  I give the slight early edge to Kenobi but wouldn't be surprised if it tips the other way later on.   

Asger

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #3 
If Malgus is on his station he would have plenty of Sith Acolytes to take care of Kenobi

n00b
Reply with quote  #4 
How strong would those other Sith be? Darth Maul level or what?
shadow001

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five
How strong would those other Sith be? Darth Maul level or what?

They wouldnt be that strong, but I never played TOR and dont know for sure.  

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #6 
I found this video on YouTube of Darth Malgus fighting.  I dont think Obi-Wan would beat him in a one on one lightsaber battle.   

I'm back bitches
Fett

n00b
Reply with quote  #7 
Kenobi is a master infilrator.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #8 
In SWTOR, when you are going for Darth Malgus, there are numerous foes that you must get through including HK-47.   Here is a breakdown of it if you want to review whats on his space station:

http://www.ign.com/wikis/star-wars-the-old-republic/False_Emperor

That being said, as pointed out -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fett
Kenobi is a master infilrator.

It is feasible that Obi-Wan could stay out of sight until he wants to attack.  Im thinking of when he confronts Grievous in front of thousands upon thousands of battle droids.  However, he would have to convince Malgus to fight him one on one and not summon anyone or anything to take out Kenobi for him.

Magnus

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #9 
Malgus is seemingly very brutal.  Much more so then Kenobi is used to.  I just think the odds are very much staked against him.  

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #10 
Obi-Wan's primary lightsaber combat style, Soresu or Form III, is the ultimate defense against multiple attackers. It's how he survived taking on General Grevious and his Magnaguards, it's how he defeated Darth Vader's hateful and aggressive style on Mustafar, and if you watched the Clone Wars (cgi) cartoon series and witnessed Kenobi taking on Darth Maul and Savage Opress, you will see him using Soresu to survive that encounter. 

That being said, before Kenobi approached his prime he was defeated by Jango Fett and Count Dooku while employing this fighting style. Even in Revenge of the Sith, Obi-Wan still lost to Dooku in another 2 on 1 battle while utilizing Soresu. In both battles Count Dooku, a master swordsman and battle tactition, breaks through Obi-Wan's defense-based style. 

I don't know much about Darth Malgus, but I can pretty confidently say that he is more proficient than Dooku in both Force power and lightsaber skills, however slightly. So by that logic, I'm betting on Malgus to break down Kenobi's defenses without the use of his acolytes. 

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #11 
Im leaning more towards Malgus winning with or without his acolytes.  

pukedrunk

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #12 
Obi Wan did defeat Anakin at the height of his power.  Anakin also fights in a very similar, aggressive style. 

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
Obi Wan did defeat Anakin at the height of his power.  Anakin also fights in a very similar, aggressive style. 

Yes, but Obi-Wan literally taught Anakin everything he knew. He had a slight upper hand there, but i'm not trying to take away Anakin-Vader's dark side prowess.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #14 
obi Wan defeated Anakin because of their relationship with the force.  Not relevant here.

―Darth Sidious
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Five
Standing by.

OK, maybe that's not an exact quote from these forums, but I'm pretty sure I've heard a Red Five somewhere say that.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!