SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Metallo vs. Data
 Metallo 8 47%
 Data 9 52%
Total votes: 17. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Killer Drunk

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asger
Data is not invincible and can be damaged with a gun. 

This is true, but he will never feel the pain. Most things that would incapacitate or hurt a normal fighter wouldn't even phase Data. He would continue fighting till he was ripped to shreds. I believe this could give him an advantage.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #17 
I'm not seeing this one for data.  Metallo usually has the kryponite heart behind a shielded door unless he is using it to harm Superman.  I think its a non-issue here.  Since he is similar to the T-1000 just with more complex machines and his ability to assimilate metal from the different imperial vehicles I give this to Metallo. 

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #18 
So with the phasers that Data has or would have, how powerful are those? 

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #19 
I can't say for sure but I often remember on TV and in Movies they hit metal and just spark without leaving a hole

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
So with the phasers that Data has or would have, how powerful are those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod
I can't say for sure but I often remember on TV and in Movies they hit metal and just spark without leaving a hole

The type 2 Phasers (hand held) and type 3 Phasers (rifle) both have the capability of causing extreme damage.  Phaser specs and output 

Surprisingly there are not many videos on youtube showing personal phasers, mostly just ship to ship but here is what I did find.

This shows all the different phaser settings, most is older models of phaser though

This is the best phaser battle I could find

About a min in you can see the pulse setting on type 3 phasers

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod

I often remember you riding a unicorn and taking shots to the face at the truck stop every Friday night but those aren't facts either...or are they?

Reasons Data wins:  
Intelligence 
- His positronic brain gives him a maximum storage capacity of 800 quadrillion bits and has a computational speed of 60 trillion operations per second.
-Made a time machineusing tools from the 19th century.
-Made a cure for radiation poisoning using 13th century technology.
-Master tactician

- His positronic brain to perceive time more slowly than other human beings. (Star Trek: First Contact, Data said he was tempted to take the Borg Queen's offer of becoming human for half a second. He goes on to say that "For an android, that is an eternity")
Strength
-Data stopped a taxi cab moving at full speed using only an outstretched arm.
-Data has bent a barrel of a gun with two fingers.
-Data is capable of moving at high speeds

Reflexes  
-Data has dodged a phaser blast from about 5 ft. 
-Data has dodged a drilling laser.  (*note:  Lasers travel at the speed of light)
Speed

(skip to 1:32)

If this isn't enough I can go into what phasers actually do.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #22 
Metallo absorbs most of Data and anything he brings.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #23 
Metallo is the same as a Terminator except more powerful and has T1000 + Borg abilities.  No way Data can beat him.  

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #24 
I agree with the idea that Metallo would imbibe Data. Metallo is faster, stronger and actually made to take on superhumans. Data's phasers would have little effect on him IMO.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #25 
Metallo did get himself fried by something that could be around the same power level as a Type 3 phaser on max setting.  

123.jpg 

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Metallo did get himself fried by something that could be around the same power level as a Type 3 phaser on max setting.

Setting number one is also called the base cycle stunning force.  This minimal setting caused only a stun effect to the average humanoid lifeform. A hit would leave the target dazed and unable to stand or think straight for a short time.  When used at close range, a phaser set on stun was still capable of inducing sufficient trauma to kill a Human if fired at a vital organ such as the brain.

Setting 3.1 was enough to cause a Changeling to experience similar discomfort. Setting 3.4 or 3.5 was determined to be a stun setting that would effectively stun and force any Changeling to revert back into the gelatinous state. A wide-field stun setting was used when large groups needed to be stunned with a single shot.  Some stun settings could also cause unconsciousness. Although mostly harmless when used at these low settings, multiple phaser stuns like this could result in injury and death.  There was a heavy stun force setting and a maximum stun setting also known as full stun charge. The highest stun setting was strong enough to immobilize a soong-type android

A phaser could be used as a heat beam, to heat up a variety of substances, such as rocks or even coffee.  Phasers could be set to inflict non-lethal second degree burns.  Settings 6 and 7 caused severe burns in the flesh of humanoids.  Setting 7 was also powerful enough to vaporize noranium carbide. Phasers could be used to melt certain ores from solid to liquid. They could also be used to quickly boil through tens of meters of ice.

One-quarter and level 10 were names of the kill setting for humanoid forms. The kill setting on hand phasers used by the Mordanites had a distinct sound from the stun setting.

Cutting settings could be used to slice off segments of a steelplast wall, a standard starfleet corridor wall,  or even to slice off body parts.

The normal maximum setting on a phaser would vaporize a humanoid lifeform or a Human-size android with a single hit. This was also called disintegration.  When used as a means of suicide, the phaser would also disintegrate along with the person shooting at himself.  There was also a maximum setting that could set parts of clothing or humanoids on fire. 

The standard level 16 setting on a phaser could be used to vaporize tunnels through rock large enough to crawl through.  The level 16 wide-field setting could easily destroy half of a large building with a single shot. 

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #27 
With all the talk about Data and is phasers I want to see Kahn in this battle with his cannon from the last movie vs pretty much anyone. With or without the cannon actually.
MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #28 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman
With all the talk about Data and is phasers I want to see Kahn in this battle with his cannon from the last movie vs pretty much anyone. With or without the cannon actually.

Damn...how did we forget about Khan?!

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!