SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Winter Soldier vs. Green Goblin
 Winter Soldier 12 70%
 Green Goblin 5 29%
Total votes: 17. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment  
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #1 
wintersoldiergreengoblin.png

Winter Soldier Powers

Green Goblin Powers

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #2 
Is this ultimate green goblin or standard? I understand there's a huge difference in power levels

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #3 
Regular old Green Goblin. All I know is Gobbie's Glider is going to be a huge advantage if Winter Soldier doesn't take it out of commission fast.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #4 
The tower gives ws a great vantage point to snipe it out from under gobby and he's a crack shot.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #5 
Goblin should be able to fly circles around The Winter Soldier and bomb him into obilivion from the air. 

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #6 
I definitely think Goblin has some major advantages on paper but, Winter Solider has good counters to them IMO. For example: He does have an EMP device that could knock out the Glider, not sure on its range though.  Also Bucky is a crack shot and could snipe Goblin from a hidden location...if he can hide himself in time and stay undetected. 

Caveman

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #7 
Winter Soldier is an assassin. Even if it turned into an out in the open battle Winter soldier would use everything; terrain, weapons, strength, etc to his advantage. Green Goblin is insane with moments of devious brilliance. I don't think abilities decide this battle but who has the conviction to finish the fight. Goblin is a wild card that doesn't focus on his goal. I give the fight to Winter Soldier.
pukedrunk

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman
Winter Soldier is an assassin. Even if it turned into an out in the open battle Winter soldier would use everything; terrain, weapons, strength, etc to his advantage. Green Goblin is insane with moments of devious brilliance. I don't think abilities decide this battle but who has the conviction to finish the fight. Goblin is a wild card that doesn't focus on his goal. I give the fight to Winter Soldier.

Those are some good points.  Plus anything but a direct hit from one of Osborn's bombs wont do alot to Bucky except stun him.  If it ends up being hand to hand Bucky would have it too.   

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #9 
This is basically trained assassin vs insane guy on flying deathtrap.   Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #10 
Winter Solider takes out the glider with his emp.  Then shoots him in the head. 

or

Winter Solider jumps on the glider and plants an explosive before being thrown off or jumps off.  Then Shoots Goblin in the head.

or

Winter Solider shoots Goblin in the head from on top of the tower or hidden in the forrest. 

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #11 
According to Marvel, Green Goblin would have the following available to him:  Concussive bombs, smoke bombs, poison gas bombs and incendiary "pumpkin" bombs, gloves capable of channeling pulsed discharges of up to 10,000 volts of high-frequency electric power, flying 'razors' which ram into and cut things, and a specially designed gas that can nullify Spider-Man's spider-sense.  

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus

or

Winter Solider jumps on the glider and plants an explosive before being thrown off or jumps off.  Then Shoots Goblin in the head.

or

Winter Solider shoots Goblin in the head from on top of the tower or hidden in the forrest. 

MAGNUS!! 

Green Goblin isn't exactly known for his stealth; in fact just the opposite... he flies around and blows stuff up. In short, he'll draw a lot of attention to himself in his attempts to draw Winter Soldier out. Also, Green Goblin isn't bullet proof. 

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus

or

or

MAGNUS!! 

Green Goblin isn't exactly known for his stealth; in fact just the opposite... he flies around and blows stuff up. In short, he'll draw a lot of attention to himself in his attempts to draw Winter Soldier out. Also, Green Goblin isn't bullet proof. 

Not to mention him flying around on that death trap of his...kind of an easy target for an assassin.  Ever duck hunt?  It's like that...except the target is bigger.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!