SWATH forum

Author   Comment  
MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 

Went and saw Robocop today with RyantheGr8 and....it was good.  It wasn't life changing good but it was good.  It was a good, solid movie.  There were several "geek out" moments during the film but nothing that really made you say "Wow, what a movie!"...there was a "I just threw up in my mouth" moment but you quickly get over it.

Maybe if you're a Michael Keaton fan too.  He was brilliant in this movie.  Everyone else was decent but the star of the movie, as expected, was Robocop.  The actor who portrayed Robocop looked pretty gangly for a cop in Detroit.  Seriously, he looked like Killer Drunk could've kicked his ass but his acting was pretty good so I try not to hold that against him.  The people who surrounded Keaton's character in the movie were spot on.  The actress who played Robo's wife was just stupid hot. The casting, overall, was pretty well done.  You can't go wrong with Keaton, Sam Jackson, and Gary Oldman.  Very well done.

The plot was actually very good and not just thrown together as a lot of the remakes have been lately. It holds up (or should I say "holding up") under scrutiny...at least so far.  I did just see it a few hours ago.  Give me a few days and see what I think then.

Would I recommend this movie?  Yes...but maybe wait until it's at the cheap theater.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
Pretty decent remake, glad I saw it but I liked the first one so much it was like I was cheating on it.

Also, found this

Mcdonald

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #3 
I hated the new movie. 

n00b
Reply with quote  #4 
I thought it was good for a remake movie

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!