SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Cad Bane vs Worf
 Cad Bane 4 20%
 Worf 16 80%
Total votes: 20. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment  
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 
baneworf2.png  

Cad Bane's powers and abilities

Worf's powers and abilities

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
My initial look at these two give a couple of hints as to how this will go.  Worf values honor above all.  Bane will use any/all means at his disposal to win.  Klingons, by nature, are great hunters.  Bane may hunt people/items for a living but that doesn't make one a great hunter (as in hunting prey in the wild).  I believe the terrain greatly favors Worf which gives him the early advantage in my mind.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley
My initial look at these two give a couple of hints as to how this will go.  Worf values honor above all.  Bane will use any/all means at his disposal to win.  Klingons, by nature, are great hunters.  Bane may hunt people/items for a living but that doesn't make one a great hunter (as in hunting prey in the wild).  I believe the terrain greatly favors Worf which gives him the early advantage in my mind.

I agree with this assessment but also think Worf's tricorder would increase his advantage at the start. He would be able to locate and analyze Bane's equipment and react accordingly.  If he doesnt utilize it I still think the initial engagement would go to Worf who is a headstrong warrior that often goes into a battle without any plan whatsoever and instead uses his instincts to win.  

That is a major contrast to Bane who (From Wookieepedia)

"A master bounty hunter, Bane saw preparation as the key to any operation's success, being able to quickly assess his opponents and correspondingly equip himself. Even though he could not plan for every outcome, he tried to minimize the need to improvise on the spot by always having a plan ready, devising as many options as possible to ensure that there would always be a profitable way out. Whenever possible, he exploited his opponents' weaknesses, which was most often their overconfidence or their care for each others' well-being."

That being said, the longer the battle goes the more it favors Bane who would have the time to devise a strategy to defeat Worf.   

RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #4 
WORF!!!!

Cuz this

[Worf] 

CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
WORF!!!!

Cuz this

[Worf] 

Is it's good enough for Ryan it's good enough for me

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #6 
The tricorder is a big buffer for Word here. He'll be able to quickly discern Cad Bane's location and take him out. He has enough training, both as a Starfleet officer and a Klingon, to hide his tracks and to set traps on the fly.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #7 
I don't know either character well enough to make an argument for either but from what I've read I'm going Worf here

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
I can see cad bane taking out the tricorder early with a crack shot and then playing cat and mouse with worf. Worf is used to fair fighters and cad is much sneaker and faster.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #9 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618
I can see cad bane taking out the tricorder early with a crack shot and then playing cat and mouse with worf. Worf is used to fair fighters and cad is much sneaker and faster.

LOL  You're insane.  How is Cad going to take out a piece of equipment that tells Worf when he's coming, where he's at, and what technology he has?  The correct answer is, "He won't." 

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618

LOL  You're insane.  How is Cad going to take out a piece of equipment that tells Worf when he's coming, where he's at, and what technology he has?  The correct answer is, "He won't." 

He'd have to look down at the tricorder to read it which is when bane can strike. I'm just playing devils advocate though trying to think of a way bane can take away worfs biggest advantage and go back to sneaking.

Worf already has this I'm just trying to be fair

n00b
Reply with quote  #11 
I like Worf but it took both Quinlan Vos and Obi-Wan Kenobi together to defeat Cad Bane. If they hadn't teamed up one of them would have most likely died.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!