SWATH forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.


 
Poll Results
 
 Harry Potter vs Link
 Harry Potter 8 38%
 Link 13 61%
Total votes: 21. This poll has been closed.


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Strictly magic vs magic, yes Harry Potter would probably have the edge.  However, this is not a magic competition at Hogwarts...this is a SWATH battle!!!

Bottom line, Link has way too much in his arsenal for Harry Potter to overcome.  

Everything would have go his way and Potter would have to be perfect to win this one and he is far from perfect. 


^that

__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
Slytherpuff44

Avatar / Picture

n00b
Registered:
Posts: 24
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffiX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Strictly magic vs magic... Harry wins. He has the biggest and most versatile magical arsenal out if the two, and that can't be argued, except by Crowley. On the other hand, Link has the advantage as far as weapons go, having the Master Sword which is magical in nature and numerous other magical trinkets hat allow for invisibility, a brief aura shield, and extra damage absorption to name a few. That can't be argued about either, except by HP fans (hey, I'm one of those too!) The thing is, Link's shield will not protect against everything, if that were true then Link would never die in his games. 1) He's got to put the shield away to use most of his sweet, sweet toys, and 2) Harry isnt so stupid as to aim all his spells at a friggin shield. Harry's spell, Protego, is more useful than the shield. And , BTW, its been proven that Harry is UNABLE to use the killing curse as well as the Cruciatus Curse because he's jus t not evil enough. Harry has his ultra powerful invisibility cloak which renders him invulnerable against magical attacks, so if Link wants to go for the kill he has to get close quarters and deliver it physically. There are numerous spells or jinxs' Harry could use that aren't even harmful to Link and could be used without Link even being aware. Yes, Supercallo is for Harry Potter here. Supercallo likes the Link, but in a magical-match up, Supercallo thinks HarryPotter is the big cheese. Supercallo is done talking about himself in the third person now.


Well put


Couldnt have said it better.  Harry Potter's magic > Link's magic
Quidditch1

Avatar / Picture

n00b
Registered:
Posts: 20
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytherpuff44

Another way Harry would win is to use Confundus on Link.  Confundus is a spell that makes the victim suddenly become confused. They forget what they were doing and wander off confused. 
It can be a mere whisper from hundreds of feet away, and the caster does not even have to be looking at the victim. No wand is required either. Way I see it, Harry can teleport a safe distance away and use Confundus, then, the split second Link is confused, Harry death spells him (or vanishes him, or transfigures him, or does one of hundreds of spells at his disposal.) And before anyone questions this, yes, teleporting (apparition) is instant. Harry will be gone before Link speeds over.


I have little doubt this scenario is how the fight would play out.  Now I was pondering this scenario today and we forgot the main advantage Harry would have and that is the invisibility cloak.  Link can't fight what he can't see let alone when he is unarmed and confused. 

__________________
MrCrowley

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 209
Reply with quote  #34 
MORE PROOF!
 im-hideous.gif 


__________________
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #35 
Nauru's love:
At the cost of magic, it creates a blue crystal-like shield that envelops Link, preventing him from taking damage, though he will still be knocked back, or down, if hit by a powerful blow.

Hyland shield:
Protects user from magical attacks

Mirror shield:
Bounces magical attacks back at the user

Aside from three ways Link can block spells I don't see how this is up for debate. Link is more dangerous at range with the bow and hooks hot and more dangerous up close with sword and shield. He is more agile and the better fighter and has far more ways to beat HP than he has ways to be defeated. Deadliest warrior style says given all that he beats harry more often and therefore wins the match.

__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #36 
Intellegence: Link - he has so much experience fighting magical beings its ridiculous 
Strength:  Link 
Agility: Link 
Defense: Link - specifically with the Hyland Shield
Short range attack:  Link - Legendary Sword w/augments
Long range attack: Link - Bow & Arrows 
X Factor: Harry Potter's disarming spell 
Venue: N/A

Advantage: Link wins 8/10

Summary:  Link has Harry outmatched in every way besides a slight edge in magic ability.  That being said, Link will most likely be able to block or counter almost everything Harry could do to him.   Potter's only shot would be if he could get his disarm spell to work and even then he would have to somehow get rid of all of Link's arsenal, its not like he is holding just 1 thing.   

__________________

PsychoDrunkin1

Avatar / Picture

n00b
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #37 
Harry isn't going to go for any quick kill spells, which will give Link the advantage. Harry will try to disarm Link, but Link will block and attack. Link is quick, skilled with his weapons, and knows magic when he sees it. Harry has never been one to go straight for the kill, or to go all out big mojo with anyone but Voldemort. That's just who he is. Link gets my vote.
__________________
Slytherpuff44

Avatar / Picture

n00b
Registered:
Posts: 24
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quidditch1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytherpuff44

Another way Harry would win is to use Confundus on Link.  Confundus is a spell that makes the victim suddenly become confused. They forget what they were doing and wander off confused. 
It can be a mere whisper from hundreds of feet away, and the caster does not even have to be looking at the victim. No wand is required either. Way I see it, Harry can teleport a safe distance away and use Confundus, then, the split second Link is confused, Harry death spells him (or vanishes him, or transfigures him, or does one of hundreds of spells at his disposal.) And before anyone questions this, yes, teleporting (apparition) is instant. Harry will be gone before Link speeds over.


I have little doubt this scenario is how the fight would play out.  Now I was pondering this scenario today and we forgot the main advantage Harry would have and that is the invisibility cloak.  Link can't fight what he can't see let alone when he is unarmed and confused. 


Adding in the cloak is genius!  
[423620-3x2-940x627]
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #39 
The Hawks mask reveals invisible opponents as does the skyward sword. Also link has the magic cloak that makes him invisible. Advantage link
__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
pukedrunk

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #40 
Then there is this argument

__________________

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
GryffiX

Avatar / Picture

SWATH member
Registered:
Posts: 74
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618
The Hawks mask reveals invisible opponents as does the skyward sword. Also link has the magic cloak that makes him invisible. Advantage link


The Hawk's mask?  The Skyward sword?  How much stuff does your Link carry on him?  It was implied he had just one sword but apparently he has all of these

■ Fighter's Sword
■ Forgotten Sword
■ Four Sword
■ Gilded Sword
■ Goddess Sword
■ Golden Sword
■ Hero's Sword
■ Kokiri Sword
■ Lokomo Sword
■ Magical Sword
■ Master Sword
■ Noble Sword
■ Ordon Sword
■ Oshus's Sword
■ Phantom Sword
■ Practice Sword
■ Razor Sword
■ Recruit's Sword
■ Smith's Sword
■ Sword
■ Tempered Sword
■ Ultimate Sword
■ White Sword
■ Wooden Sword

__________________
MrCrowley

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 209
Reply with quote  #42 
Hairy Pussy:  *Looks at Link*  OMG!  You're sexy!  You into dudes?

Link:  No.

Hairy Pussy:  Oh.  I'm going to Hogwarts then.

Link:  What's that?

Hairy Pussy:  Gay bar down on 5th.

Link:  See ya'.

Link wins because Hairy Pussy leaves the arena to pick up dudes.

__________________
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #43 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley
Hairy Pussy:  *Looks at Link*  OMG!  You're sexy!  You into dudes?

Link:  No.

Hairy Pussy:  Oh.  I'm going to Hogwarts then.

Link:  What's that?

Hairy Pussy:  Gay bar down on 5th.

Link:  See ya'.

Link wins because Hairy Pussy leaves the arena to pick up dudes.


Come on dude that is so ridiculous...  



I mean, its not like Harry would just walk out of the Halo Ring into space to get down to 5th.  He would need to call a space taxi first!!!!! [biggrin]

__________________

GryffiX

Avatar / Picture

SWATH member
Registered:
Posts: 74
Reply with quote  #44 
While I disagree with most of you, at least you're funny.
__________________
MrCrowley

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 209
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffiX
While I disagree with most of you, at least you're funny.


^THIS!!!!!!

__________________
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!