SWATH forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.


 
Poll Results
 
 Hellboy
 Hellboy 15 88%
 Silver Samurai 2 11%
Total votes: 17. This poll has been closed.


Reply
  Author   Comment  
Supercallo

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Expert
Registered:
Posts: 403
Reply with quote  #1 
HellboySamurai.png

__________________
[image] 
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #2 
Hellboy seemed fairly sword proof in the movies but I also think laser sword (or whatever you call SS's power) would cut through him easier than the elf prince's spear.
__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
pukedrunk

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #3 
The right of hand of doom that can block almost anything vs the katana sword that can cut through almost anything. What gives?
__________________

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
The right of hand of doom that can block almost anything vs the katana sword that can cut through almost anything. What gives?


True it can block alot, and it being from hell I imagine it can block the sword but I also see teleportation playing into hellboy not being able to block everything

__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
pukedrunk

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 207
Reply with quote  #5 
Silver Samurai, despite his skill and tactical insight is limited in mutant powers. His Tachyon Field is deadly and his teleportation a most useful asset but in a world of telepaths, Wolverine’s, Storm’s and worse, he can find himself hardpressed when ill-prepared.
Personality-wise, he is also not devoid of flaws as his clinging onto old traditions, his ways somewhat detached from modern day, his perfectionism in all things and the many responsibilities and self-imposted honorbound restrictions can be as much a weakness or handicap than that they strengthen his resolve and strength of will.

__________________

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
Silver Samurai, despite his skill and tactical insight is limited in mutant powers. His Tachyon Field is deadly and his teleportation a most useful asset but in a world of telepaths, Wolverine’s, Storm’s and worse, he can find himself hardpressed when ill-prepared.
Personality-wise, he is also not devoid of flaws as his clinging onto old traditions, his ways somewhat detached from modern day, his perfectionism in all things and the many responsibilities and self-imposted honorbound restrictions can be as much a weakness or handicap than that they strengthen his resolve and strength of will.


Would he adhere to his honor when shot at by a giant revolver? I ask scientifically not condescendingly.

__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #7 
Silver Samurai gets punked out all the time.  The one in Wolverine 23 aka the most recent Wolverine movie was pretty badass but at the end of the day still got punked out.

Hellboy punks out Silver Samurai here.  Because thats what happens to Silver Samurai. 

#soundlogic

__________________

MrCrowley

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 209
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Silver Samurai gets punked out all the time.  The one in Wolverine 23 aka the most recent Wolverine movie was pretty badass but at the end of the day still got punked out.

Hellboy punks out Silver Samurai here.  Because thats what happens to Silver Samurai. 

#soundlogic


This.

__________________
CommZod

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 374
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Silver Samurai gets punked out all the time.  The one in Wolverine 23 aka the most recent Wolverine movie was pretty badass but at the end of the day still got punked out.

Hellboy punks out Silver Samurai here.  Because thats what happens to Silver Samurai. 

#soundlogic



Sold

__________________
Jestersloose618

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Legend
Registered:
Posts: 249
Reply with quote  #10 
Yeah that's fair. Sad for a teleporter, really ...
__________________
[Green-Lantern-Kyle-Rayner-dc-comics-14524030-827-308]
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #11 
I also think the venue favors Hellboy.  He can deal with fire all over the plan where as the Silver Samurai may have some issues with it.  
__________________

Magnus

Avatar / Picture

SWATH member
Registered:
Posts: 120
Reply with quote  #12 
From Comicvine:
His mutant ability allows him to generate a field of tachyonic energy around his katana that allows it to cut through almost any material on earth except for adamantium.

Although he is able to charge any object and use it as a weapon, he prefers his katana. The Silver Samurai is a master of Kenjutsu, the art of wielding a katana, and is an expert in the art of bushido, a martial arts master specializing in edged weapons, hand to hand combat, and tactics. He usually wears a suit of lightweight steel alloy body armor, modeled after traditional samurai armor, but made of modern protective materials. His physical abilities and skill in martial arts make him a formidable opponent. He carries a katana, shurikens, and other weaponry. He possesses a teleportation ring, granting him even greater stealth and mobility. Keniuchio has extensive knowledge of the operations of criminal organizations due to his shady past, which he now uses in the service of his government to combat such organizations. He is an expert in the history and customs of the samurai. He is also a highly skilled master of the Japanese martial arts, although his abilities do not match those of Iron Fist or Shang-Chi.

The Silver Samurai wields a traditional samurai long sword, or katana, and has previously wielded both the Black Blade of Muramasa and the Honor Sword of Clan Yashida. On occasion he uses shuriken and other traditional samurai weaponry. Harada is a coward, he uses deception as a weapon. Plus he is known to cheat.


__________________
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
From Comicvine:
His mutant ability allows him to generate a field of tachyonic energy around his katana that allows it to cut through almost any material on earth except for adamantium.


Good thing Hellboy isnt from around here

__________________

Magnus

Avatar / Picture

SWATH member
Registered:
Posts: 120
Reply with quote  #14 
That doesnt matter,  SS could easily cut through Hellboy! 
[wolverine-vs-silver-samurai] 

__________________
RyanTheGr8

Avatar / Picture

SWATH Founder
Registered:
Posts: 790
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
That doesnt matter,  SS could easily cut through Hellboy! 
[wolverine-vs-silver-samurai] 


LMAO.  I dont think thats a very accurate depiction.  This one is more like it:

__________________

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!