SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Invincible vs Ms Marvel
 Invincible 11 52%
 Ms Marvel 10 47%
Total votes: 21. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #31 
She was only Binary for a time from what I've read.  So are we fighting against Ms Marvel or Binary as some of the abilities listed above are those of binary.  Which even then it's already been proven Invincible can stand up to

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod
She was only Binary for a time from what I've read.  So are we fighting against Ms Marvel or Binary as some of the abilities listed above are those of binary.  Which even then it's already been proven Invincible can stand up to

See what I mean about reading and logic?  I said, can tap into "cosmic Binary" power not that she was Binary but that she can tap into it. 

When she taps into it she can have those abilities.  Now go back to not using logic.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #33 
Just because she can access something doesn't mean she has those power levels. And I would like a reference to where she can absorb the kinetic energy from his punches.  I couldnt find such a reference like I provided for invincible surviving a nuclear blast while punching the nuke.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #34 
And oh yeah invincible also helped do this....
snapshot(13).jpg
snapshot(14).jpg  snapshot(15).jpg

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #35 
Also Invincible beat a guy who absorbs kinetic energy. In fact he could absorb all energy but Inv beat him ... twice. Invincible has this, look at him flying through that planet! Dag yo!

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #36 
This is a close one no matter how you look at it.  Here is my best shot at an unbias Ryan's Edge -

Intelligence: Ms Marvel - she gets the nod here due to her experience

Strength:  Invincible - while both are very strong, all indications point to Invincible being the stronger of the 2
Agility: Invincible - definitely faster 
Defense: TIE - both have impressive invulnerability and enhanced healing factors though Invincible's are slightly better, Ms Marvels danger sense levels the playing field here
Short range attack:  Invincible - his punches pack a bigger punch
Long range attack: Ms Marvel - energy projection
X Factor: Ms Marvel's danger sense & kinetic absorption 

Summary:  If you look at both combatants powers below they are very similar.  Looking at pure strength and attack power I dont think Ms Marvel is in the same league as Invincible but she is damn close.

Ms Marvel powers
Agility
Blast Power
Cosmic Awareness
Danger Sense
Energy Absorption
Energy Based Constructs
Energy Manipulation
Energy-Enhanced Strike
Flight
Healing
Enhanced Intellect
Invulnerability
Levitation
Stamina
Super Speed
Super Strength
Unarmed Combat

Invincible powers
Agility
Attractive Male
Berserker Strength
Flight
Healing
Invulnerability
Longevity
Stamina
Super Speed
Super Strength
Unarmed Combat

For example, Ms Marvel's 
Invulnerability: She is impervious to most forms of damage and can absorb a tremendous amount of punishment without injury. She can survive unharmed in the cold vacuum of space. She is bullet-proof and such attacks merely bounce off her skin on contact. More powerful attacks such as rockets, mortar shells, and bombs are only slightly more effectual, due to the fact that she can absorb their explosive energy. She is unfazed by blows delivered from opponents weaker than her and can withstand blows even by those who are stronger, though continuous and repeated hits by opponents of such great strength can eventually wear her down. 

Ms Marvel's regeneration: In the event that Ms. Marvel suffers an attack that is actually powerful enough to overload both her invulnerability and her energy absorption power, she possesses a super-healing factor and is able to quickly regenerate from almost any injury. Her healing rate is accelerated even further if she is able to absorb and utilize external energy to aid in the process. She has fully recovered from nuclear explosions and attacks of similar magnitude in a matter of hours.

And now Invincible's Invulnerability - He is Invulnerable to almost all harm. He can withstand the blast of Nuclear missiles with little damage. However, repeated punches of great force can harm him over time. 

Invincible's Healing - He is able to recover from injuries more efficiently and quickly that would otherwise be fatal to someone with a normal human healing rate

So both can take a beating, both can eventually be harmed and both have an accelerated healing rate.   The biggest difference is the scale that determines Ms Marvel's limits are dependent upon her energy absorption.  If she can absorb the kinetic energy in a massive blow it wont harm her.  If she cant then it would harm her and she would have to take a min to recover.  Invincible does not have to worry about that.

However, Ms Marvel also has her danger sense and her ranged energy projection that Invincible doesn't have.   Her danger sense acts like a variation of Spider-Man's and her energy projections become stronger if she absorbs some power before using it.  

Bottom line: This would be a long drawn out battle that could go either way.  Sure, if you strip away each of their powers Ms Marvel would destroy him based on her experience and training, but they wont be losing their powers in this one.  Invincible seems to have the edge in raw power but there are too many other factors here that can't be ignored.  Ms Marvel definitely has the ability to win the battle but odds are against her and I dont think at the end of the day she could beat Invincible more times then he could beat her.

Advantage: Invincible wins 6/10 times

Now then, just because he has the slight edge does that mean he would get the win this time? Consider this battle: Ms Marvel was up against a similar foe in terms of strength and invulnerability and while it was ended abruptly she was clearly winning 
1065371-847273_mightyavengers00612puncyv0_super.jpg 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!