SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Spider-Man vs. Omega Red
 Spider-Man 14 73%
 Omega Red 5 26%
Total votes: 19. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #1 
SpidermanOmega.png 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spider-Man

https://marvel.com/universe/Omega_Red

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #2 
This one is tough. Omega Red has those pheromones and tentacles plus his strength is close to Spidey. Spiderman has speed, Spidey sense, webbing and mobility on his side. I think Spidey will have to fight at a distance.

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Magnus

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #3 
I love Spider-Man but Omega Red wins 10/10 times.

He just has too many advantages:
death spores
carbonadium laced skeleton 
carbonadium armor
carbonadium tentacles with the ability to drain lifeforce
healing factor

Add the fact that he has superhuman strength (class 10 I think), agility, and reflexes, and Spider-Man is in big trouble.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #4 
Omega Red definitely has a great powerset, but in this venue I think Spider-Man has the upperhand.   So many places for him to hid and strategize a plan to beat him.    I also think Spider Sense will play a huge role.  

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Omega Red definitely has a great powerset, but in this venue I think Spider-Man has the upperhand.   So many places for him to hid and strategize a plan to beat him.    I also think Spider Sense will play a huge role.  

Someone's been guzzlin' "webbing".

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #6 
I think we all know Spider-Man so no need to go through all of his abilities.  Omega Red on the other hand has only been in 1 or 2 SWATH Tournaments before.  Not much on YouTube for Omega Red, but this is a decent video showing some of what he can do.  

Magnus

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:

I don't see how. [confused]

The death spores could win it for Red fairly easily, but even without it I don't see Spiderman's spider sense really helping him out a great deal. Initially, it would allow him to avoid many of Red's attacks, however as the battle wears on Spiderman would tire and start to slow down. As time went on Spidey would take more and more hits until Omega Red put him down for good. This wouldn't be as big a deal if Spidey had a way to actually hurt that bastard.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
Omega Red used to be a a top villain.  Back in the late 80's, early 90's, the guys was uber and his deathspores coupled with his coils and durability made him a monster. More recently his status was reduced to a jobber.  Still, the only way he loses to Spidey is if he is outsmarted.  Omega Red is a much better fighter. 

If this were a comic Spider-Man wins for sure. 

Caveman

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #9 
Going to have to agree with him being a jobber. I think his potential is way higher than Spider-Man but you lose enough times and you are a lower and that's all Red ever does.
Ragnarok

n00b
Reply with quote  #10 
Can someone explain the deathspores?

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok

The death spores are the pheromones his body gives off. A normal human will die in a matter of seconds from them.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
The death spores are the pheromones his body gives off. A normal human will die in a matter of seconds from them.

And that is why I stated Spidey would have to fight from a distance. 

RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #13 
Omega Red's main weapon/power is his crazy tentacle things.  Its a shame Spider-Man doesnt have extensive experience dealing with enemies who have that...

That aside, Spider-Man would know Omega Red and know how to deal with him.  They are both from Marvel after all.  

CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Omega Red's main weapon/power is his crazy tentacle things.  Its a shame Spider-Man doesnt have extensive experience dealing with enemies who have that...

That aside, Spider-Man would know Omega Red and know how to deal with him.  They are both from Marvel after all.  

I don't know a lot about omega red but this was my thought as well

n00b
Reply with quote  #15 
Omega Red is strong with many good powers.  But Spider-Man is one of the top draws in Marvel and there would be no chance for him to ever lose to Omega Red.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!