SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Zatanna vs Dumbledore
 Zatanna 8 47%
 Dumbledore 9 52%
Total votes: 17. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 3      Prev   1   2   3   Next
inFAMOUS

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #16 
Zatanna is hot

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #17 
Dumbledore is in a duel position, since he knows him and Zantanna will be fighting soon. Thus, Dumbledore doesn't have to lift his arm and direct it to Zantanna, since it's already being pointed at her from the beginning. Another point is that HP wizards are able to cast their spell without saying them, which has been talked about in the 6th book, like I said, and it's considered faster and it's a strategical advantage to the wizards, who use such methods to cast their spells.

Now, I don't know much about Zantanna, but I did go over her CV wiki and it says she would have hard time beating wizards or magicians, who are higher leveled in magic then her. Can we really determine if Dumbledore with Elder wand is or isn't higher leveled than Zantanna, when it comes to magic power itself. I mean with the Elder wand, Dumbledore's magic is multiple by a factor of 2, i guess or more, I can't really quantify here. Plus, in her CV wiki, she hasn't reach her full potential yet, whereas Dumbledore has or surpassed his.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #18 
She doesn't have to speak them. So hold on time out so she has has time to right them. Left that part out. Spoken or written. Simple tasks only without speaking.

MrCrowley

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman
She doesn't have to speak them. So hold on time out so she has has time to right them. Left that part out. Spoken or written. Simple tasks only without speaking.

You're dumb.  Learn to read.  SHE DOESN'T ALWAYS HAVE TO SAY THEM!  Doesn't say anything about WRITING them!

Zatanna is a member of the Homo Magi race and is genetically gifted with great magical talent. She can cast an incredible number of spells, which she usually does by speaking backwards as a tribute to her father. However, the backwards-speaking is not always necessary for her to cast spells

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #20 
She either has to speak them or write them. I've never seen her do it without one or the other.

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
inFAMOUS

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #21 
But Zatanna is hot

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #22 
The biggest part of wand dueling is blocking your opponent's spells and Dumbledore is perhaps the greatest duelist in the Harry Potter universe. Using Legilmens, the magic of mind reading (of sorts) he would know beforehand Zatanna's game plan and act accordingly. Well, he would act accordingly if he wasn't busy sacrificing himself to save this beautiful, young sorceress with her whole life ahead of her by forfeiting.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #23 
I'll be honest my knowledge of the Harry Potter universe is limited to the movies, but from what I know of Zatanna she fights all kinds of crazy stuff with the Justice League and I don't think they do a so called 'duel' very often.  I don't see this being two magicians standing in front of each other countering the others moves.  Zatanna is going to be teleporting all over the place spitting out incantations.  I give this to Zatanna 8/10.

.......... and she's HOT

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod
I'll be honest my knowledge of the Harry Potter universe is limited to the movies, but from what I know of Zatanna she fights all kinds of crazy stuff with the Justice League and I don't think they do a so called 'duel' very often.  I don't see this being two magicians standing in front of each other countering the others moves.  Zatanna is going to be teleporting all over the place spitting out incantations.  I give this to Zatanna 8/10.

.......... and she's HOT

Ill agree with you on the majority of what you said.  Zatanna 9/10 though

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Jestersloose618

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #25 
The size alteration magic certainly explains her figure ... If only her opponent were hetero ...

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #26 
I think Zatanna clearly has this one in the bag, but in regards to the "speaking" issue -

She has also proven capable on many occasions of casting spells by speaking normally, and, in rarer occasions, the ability to use magic for simple tasks without speaking. Like Black Canary, Zatanna's reliance on her voice often led to her being bound and gagged by villains in Silver Age stories, thus rendering her 'powerless'. On very rare occasions, Zatanna has cast spells by writing them in her own blood rather than speaking them aloud. It is used as a last resort, only to heal from severe physical damage preventing her to speak, like having her larynx mangled by a bullet, or her mouth magically erased by her own powers. The only magic command issued in both cases, Heal me, had to be spelled backwards, as if she were speaking (laeH em)

Caveman

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #27 
Joker dressed up and shot her in the throat. She may be powerful but she ain't that smart. She mind fucked Dr light and then got caught by batman so she erased his memory too. She fucked with batman. Not very bright and then got caught not once but twice by batman.
Caveman

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #28 
My favorite line after that event was batman saying. "I needed someone I could trust. But I had to settle for you."
Quidditch1

n00b
Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
I think Zatanna clearly has this one in the bag, but in regards to the "speaking" issue -

She has also proven capable on many occasions of casting spells by speaking normally, and, in rarer occasions, the ability to use magic for simple tasks without speaking. Like Black Canary, Zatanna's reliance on her voice often led to her being bound and gagged by villains in Silver Age stories, thus rendering her 'powerless'. On very rare occasions, Zatanna has cast spells by writing them in her own blood rather than speaking them aloud. It is used as a last resort, only to heal from severe physical damage preventing her to speak, like having her larynx mangled by a bullet, or her mouth magically erased by her own powers. The only magic command issued in both cases, Heal me, had to be spelled backwards, as if she were speaking (laeH em)

Much like Superman, Dumbledore has always held back. He's got a lot more knowledge and power then Zatanna and with Langlock its over.  He can cast Langlock on Zatanna which prevents her from speaking, thus rendering her magic useless and then he can use Expelliarmus to take away her pen and paper. 

GAME OVER

n00b
Reply with quote  #30 
Nothing is stopping Dumbledore from using avada kedavra either
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!