SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Wonder Woman vs. Invincible
 Wonder Woman 6 33%
 Invincible 12 66%
Total votes: 18. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by inFAMOUS
Look at it like this Ryan, Invincible is stronger then Wonder Woman and can take more damage then she can.  I just dont see her fighting skills making up the difference.  Also, in the comparison to Superman, he doesn't have the weaknesses to magic, kryptonite and red sunlight that Superman does.  To me that makes Invincible better then Superman, in terms of battle readiness and effectiveness.  

Like I said, Invincible's power levels are in the same category as Superman but not the same and I dont see where the weaknesses Superman has come into play here since the only one that would be an issue is perhaps the magic, but he doesnt even have a real weakness to that, just no extra defense to it per say.  

Again if you actually read this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
I am very Intrigued by Invincible since his first battle and have been researching him alot.  I do respect those who compare him to Superman, because they are in the same catagory in terms of power levels, but thats where they stop being similar.   He has a long way to go before I will put him up there in my book, but for now lets just say he has alot of upside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod

Superman is MUCH more powerful than Diana. 

I disagree.  He is stronger, hence making Invincible stronger due to the comparison (I dont want this to turn into a WW vs Supes argument) but the range of the difference is negligible in battle since they can both inflict damage on each other.  

Quote:

Like I said in my first post I think the only real thing going for Wonder Woman is her fighting ability and her weapons.

All things considered I would probably give this to Invincible 8/10. I think his power levels are just that much higher than hers to the point where her fighting ability is basically negated by his speed. It would be like he's fighting someone who is in slow motion.

Wonder Woman is a highly trained warrior which makes her a highly trained killer. She probably ranks in the Top 10 in combat ability of all SWATH characters and Invincibles (or Supermans for that matter) fighting skills do not really compare to Wonder Woman's.  I would go as far to say that Wonder Woman is actually faster than Invincible in combat reaction time.  Because of her training.  

IMO Wonder Woman's skill, experience AND her weapons even the odds in this one.

Its her fighting ability AND experience AND weapons that evens the odds.  

Going further, I think her Lasso is the tipping point to her favor.  All she has to do catch him in it (which she has done with Superman before so dont even go there with the speed crap) and ask him how to defeat him.  His response would most likely either be "just punch me alot and I will go down" or "boobs"

CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #17 
As cute as that last meme is, that was clearly after battle with his girlfriend, not an opponent.  I would be worried about any guy who didn't notice his girl's boobs got bigger.  Also correct me if I'm wrong but the lasso just makes you tell the truth.  Not turn the person into a zombie for Wonder Woman.  So while he could say beating him to death is the only way for her to win.

He would still fight her.  Possibly even pulling on the lasso making her come toward him, where he then headbutts her unconscious winning the fight.

[Ypjimbo-Invincible-by-Ryan-Ottley] 

Since it didn't get used last fight.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
As cute as that last meme is, that was clearly after battle with his girlfriend, not an opponent.  I would be worried about any guy who didn't notice his girl's boobs got bigger.  Also correct me if I'm wrong but the lasso just makes you tell the truth.  Not turn the person into a zombie for Wonder Woman.  So while he could say beating him to death is the only way for her to win.

He would still fight her.  Possibly even pulling on the lasso making her come toward him, where he then headbutts her unconscious winning the fight.

My thoughts exactly. Invincible doesn't have a self destruct button. Plus he's fought comic book chicks before and not been distracted.

http://www.comicvine.com/anissa/4005-48505/

http://www.comicvine.com/universa/4005-68201/

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #19 
Usagi Yojimbo!

I'm back bitches
Caveman

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #20 
This is really a good battle. From what I've seen he has the speed edge. You all have said he has the strength edge but she helped move the earth, operates near the sun without any effects of gravity and doesn't sweat from it. She's thrown things into the sun and casually caught meteorites. They say his strength keeps increasing but she very well could be more powerful from everything I've seen. She has fought cosmic level villains toe to toe that knocked superman(granted they sent her for a loop too) out in crisis. I'm not a fan of either character but any character from image is super inconsistent(savage dragon was a chitown cop that got beat on one day and was a space emperor) so it's hard to call. I am undetermined.
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #21 
I love how the only thing that gets addressed is the boobs part of my arguments. 

Anyway, to reinforce for the third time its her fighting ability AND experience AND weapons AND boobs that wins this for Diana. 

In this video we see Wonder Woman fighting Superman to a stalemate after both of them being affected by mind control.  There are clear examples of her fighting skills making her reaction time quicker then Supes (which I stated yesterday) and her ferocity in hand to hand combat. 

CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #22 
Quote:
I love how the only thing that gets addressed is the boobs part of my arguments. 

Anyway, to reinforce for the third time its her fighting ability AND experience AND weapons AND boobs that wins this for Diana. 

In this video we see Wonder Woman fighting Superman to a stalemate after both of them being affected by mind control.  There are clear examples of her fighting skills making her reaction time quicker then Supes (which I stated yesterday) and her ferocity in hand to hand combat. 

I actually addressed the lasso as well. And I guess so much for not turning this into Superman vs Wonder Woman. As we know cartoons take liberties all the time and tend to be inconsistent based on the story being told.

Here's an example of Mark's reaction time.

snapshot(17).jpg  snapshot(18).jpg 

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
I love how the only thing that gets addressed is the boobs part of my arguments

Just cutting Crowley off at the pass is all

n00b
Reply with quote  #24 
Wonder Woman would just monologue some feminist bullshit and piss Invincible off and she'd get her ass kicked back to the kitchen where she belongs.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #25 

Quote:
Quote:

I actually addressed the lasso as well. And I guess so much for not turning this into Superman vs Wonder Woman. As we know cartoons take liberties all the time and tend to be inconsistent based on the story being told.

So you did the lasso and boobs [thumb] good job.  Diana has always been able to outfight Superman...  "reaction time"...give me a break

and since you are now downplaying the same cartoons you yourself have used in the past...

CommZod

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #26 
[jla96174usoz2]  
[1131156-677680_anti_superman_super] 
[2994677-2094137858-28148]

See I can find those too.  However this still isn't a Superman Vs Wonder Woman Battle.  

Invincible has proven on mulitple occasions capable of beating those who actually were more powerful than himself though sheer determination.

Best example is a Vultrumite named Conquest, out of an entire race of Kryptonian power leveled beings, Conquest was the one they sent to make sure a job was "done" right. 

[483093-Blog_Image_5_Invincible063Page020_021] 

This is what happened to Conquest
[invince] 

[3622310-0699448205-Invin] 
[04+PM] 

Invincibile beat him twice.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #27 
CommZod just convinced me that Invincible could beat Superman, let alone Wonder Woman.

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #28 
Invincible gets my vote

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!