SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Invincible vs Hal Jordan
 Invincible 15 93%
 Hal Jordan 1 6%
Total votes: 16. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #1 
InvincibleJordan.png

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
I think based on what we have learned about Invincible its going to be very hard for Hal Jordan to beat him. 

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #3 
Let's look at it this way, ill need the Invincible expert(s) in on this though...

How strong is Invincible's willpower? Sure he has the strength to counter Lantern's constructs, but he needs willpower also. Hal isn't really afraid of anything, that's why he's the best GL out there, but ill agree that Invincible has him as far as speed, strength and durability goes. Does he have the mental edge over the veteran?

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #4 
I think the mental edge goes to Hal.  But strength, speed and durability goes to Invincible for sure. 

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #5 
Screw it, Hal Jordan hands Invincible a fake and boobytrapped GL ring (do they have those?) And 'invites' him to join the Lanterns. Booby trap is sprung, invincible gets trapped inside the power battery....

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Screw it, Hal Jordan hands Invincible a fake and boobytrapped GL ring (do they have those?) And 'invites' him to join the Lanterns. Booby trap is sprung, invincible gets trapped inside the power battery....

Stranger things have happened!

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
Quote:

Stranger things have happened!

AND its not the technically a banishment because Invincible is pretty much still in the arena.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
I don't think invincible is that gullible. Plus he would have the strength and speed to break constructs and overwhelm the rings power.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #9 
I really love both of these characters. I'm in the Invincible camp here, its been shown that beings with very high levels of super strenth have had little trouble breaking through Hal's constructs.

While this whole video is AWESOME if you haven't seen it, my point is made at the 2:10 mark

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #10 
Absent Batman this is how the fight would go.  Since Invincible is so much like Supes.

I'm back bitches
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #11 
Hal's best chance is to get as creative as possible.  Clever incapacitation is what he is going to have to go for.  

pukedrunk

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #12 
So we have a hard on for Invincible, I get that, but Hal Jordan is one of the top dogs in DC and shouldnt be overlooked.  First off, Hal's continuity hasn't changed with the New 52, all his Pre-52 feats are valid for this battle.  That said he is quite experienced with fighting people like Invincible.   Same goes for his training, both as a GL and in the military.  

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
inFAMOUS

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #13 
Except they make no sense at all when Continuity is completely different. This is and always will be saddest cop out.

They rebooted the Universe, changed histories, characters, and even powers to some extent. Yet Same Feats? How so?

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Let's look at it this way, ill need the Invincible expert(s) in on this though...

How strong is Invincible's willpower? Sure he has the strength to counter Lantern's constructs, but he needs willpower also. Hal isn't really afraid of anything, that's why he's the best GL out there, but ill agree that Invincible has him as far as speed, strength and durability goes. Does he have the mental edge over the veteran?

Invincible once choked out conquest while disemboweled and holding his breath in the vacuum of space because he was mad.

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/2/21005/483093-Blog_Image_5_Invincible063Page020_021.jpg

This guy.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #15 
The clear fan choice is to go with Green Lantern.  But logic suggests Invincible will win.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!