SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Mephisto vs The Mandarin
 Mephisto 21 87%
 Mandarin 3 12%
Total votes: 24. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment  
RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #1 
[image]

RyanTheGr8

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #2 
In terms of power sets, Mephisto trumps The Mandarin across the board.   But when has that ever stopped someone from winning a SWATH battle before?

shadow001

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #3 
So what can The Mandarin do exactly?

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001
So what can The Mandarin do exactly?

Most of his abilities are dependent on his rings 

[Mandarin_h747] 

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
shadow001

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #5 
Wow ok.  So about the other guy?

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #6 
Mephisto is an immensely powerful demon. He possesses great intelligence which is how he can manipulate and deceive others easily. He has demonstrated projection of mystical energy, erecting mystical shields, becoming invisible or intangible, casting illusions, summoning supernatural creatures, teleportation, changing size, and shape-shifting. His true form is unknown. He is completely indestructible to most attacks, and is immune to disease. He doesn't need to breathe, eat, drink, or sleep. He has defeated Silver Surfer in combat before and seems to have no limit to his age. He also can possess mortals and cast spells of unknown power. He likely has other powers that have yet to be discovered. He literally can do anything that a human can comprehend and more. Mephistopheles is not the Devil, he is an arch-demon. Being a demon, he can capture lost souls but only with the mortal's approval which is one of his main weaknesses. Another weakness is that if he leaves his dimension he isn't as powerful and depends on the worship of his followers. Mephistopheles can read minds as well.

shadow001

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #7 

Mephisto beat Silver Surfer before?

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:

Yes

Magnus

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
Quote:

Yes

Not exactly right, the Surfer outwrestled Mephisto in his dimension in Silver Surfer vol.2 # 1. They fought once more after that in Mephisto's dimension, with Mephisto faking his death in order to acquire the Surfer's soul. 

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus
Quote:
Originally Posted by pukedrunk
Quote:

Yes

Not exactly right, the Surfer outwrestled Mephisto in his dimension in Silver Surfer vol.2 # 1. They fought once more after that in Mephisto's dimension, with Mephisto faking his death in order to acquire the Surfer's soul. 

So no, Mephisto has never defeated Silver Surfer straight up.    Not that Mandarin has either, but that potential feat has knocked him down a peg or two. 

This would be a closer battle then you might think.  The Mandarin is very cunning with his fighting styles, though he is used to battling technology much more then magic.  Mephisto on the other hand has alot of experience fighting people like Mandarin.  And since his power levels are higher I think that tips the battle in his favor.  

Supercallo

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #11 
My take is Mephisto has been around manipulating people, taking souls, granting 'wishes', and generally using his powers for infinite gain for a lot longer than The Mandarin has been around. I'm not convinces that he would even compare to Mephisto's magical abilities. I welcome all arguments, but as of now, I'm going for Mephisto.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #12 
Mephisto should win hands down, and by the looks of the voting everyone agrees. 

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!