SWATH forum

Poll Results

Who Wins
 Commander Shephard 7 38%
 Master Chief 11 61%
Total votes: 18   Please or sign up to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Cuttdown

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #1 
Commander vs Master

Shepherd vs Chief.jpeg

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #2 
What are Shephard's canon skills and abilites?  I havent played Mass Effect in a long time but if I recall he can have several different skill sets.

I fly like Namor, get high like Bane...
Cuttdown

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #3 

I've played the first 3 Halo games, and all 3 Mass Effect games... I will say this.  Chief has greater physical strength.  Shepard has a much more advanced arsenal with a larger variety of weapons to chose from. Their shielding and armor is very similar.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #4 

For those who don't know him well, here is Shepard's wiki page

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Commander_Shepard

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #5 

Commander Shepard:  Who are you?

Master Chief:  Who are you?

Commander Shepard:  Aren't you in that video game that thinks it's a FPS but it's really awful?

Master Chief:  Yeah.  Aren't you in that video game made by that company that thought it could make a great Star Wars MMO?

Commander Shepard:  Yeah

Master Chief:  So...ya' think you can take me?

Commander Shepard:  Doesn't really matter does it? 

Master Chief:  Good point.  We both suck.

Commander Shepard:  Let's go watch paint dry.

Master Chief:  Can I still wear my helmet?

Commander Shepard:  Your fanboys wouldn't have it any other way...

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley

Commander Shepard:  Aren't you in that video game that thinks it's a FPS but it's really awful?

Master Chief:  Yeah.  Aren't you in that video game made by that company that thought it could make a great Star Wars MMO?

LOL, after reading this, I feel like I should make a third option in the poll...

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley

That is hilarious..it def needs a third option.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #8 
Chief is constantly up against an army that outnumbers him and, get this, with superior technology and due to his training, augmentations and luck he always comes out ahead.

Sheppard would put up a decent fight I grant you but he is a tactician and figurehead before he is a soldier. His primary purpose in the last 2 ME games is to rally an army, not take them on single handed. Chief does that for breakfast EVERY DAY. He is used to fighting "superior" soldiers (Elites, brutes) and coming out on top, he is used to zero G fighting (In case Shepard uses biotics.)

Chief wins 

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618
Chief is constantly up against an army that outnumbers him and, get this, with superior technology and due to his training, augmentations and luck he always comes out ahead.

Sheppard would put up a decent fight I grant you but he is a tactician and figurehead before he is a soldier. His primary purpose in the last 2 ME games is to rally an army, not take them on single handed. Chief does that for breakfast EVERY DAY. He is used to fighting "superior" soldiers (Elites, brutes) and coming out on top, he is used to zero G fighting (In case Shepard uses biotics.)

Chief wins 

The flood and Covenant are nothing compared  the the Reaper forces... so Chief's job would be WAY easier.  In the ME series, the whole galaxy is facing extinction, where in Halo, its pretty much just earth... Chief's luck wouldn't hold up against Shepard's superior tactics.

You've got Chief facing a roided up gorilla, and Sheppard taking on all this by himself: reaper forces.jpg 

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #10 
Spectres are spec ops, Spartans are born into combat. Chief is the better shot, stronger and stealthier.

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #11 
How do you figure Chief is the better shot?  Shepard (A Specter, which is considered the best of the best in the galaxy) is a sharpshooter, uses a sniper rifle just as good, if not better than anyone else.

Chief may be quicker, like I even stated at the beginning of the battle. He does have physical enhancements.

You really think an 8 foot tall robotic suit of armor is stealthier than a 6 foot tall member of the Spec Ops?

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #12 
Paint isn't dry yet.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #13 
The Spartan program was made specifically to infiltrate and assassinate heads of insurgent human rebels, until of course the covenant first contacted humanity on harvest and glassed the planet. Chief was owning stealth missions before the age of 16, without his armor at that time, with his armor later when he would infiltrate High Charity, the covenant capital. The superior marksmanship simply comes from the bionic enhancements that steady his aim and sharpen his eyesight far beyond and standard human levels. 

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618
The Spartan program was made specifically to infiltrate and assassinate heads of insurgent human rebels, until of course the covenant first contacted humanity on harvest and glassed the planet. Chief was owning stealth missions before the age of 16, without his armor at that time, with his armor later when he would infiltrate High Charity, the covenant capital. The superior marksmanship simply comes from the bionic enhancements that steady his aim and sharpen his eyesight far beyond and standard human levels. 

Chief infiltrating High Charity was greatly assisted by a massive army.... which you keep bashing Shepard for assembling.

Did you forget in ME2, that Shepard had to be rebuilt by Miranda, who used advanced technology to put him back together?  Shepard has implants all over his body too.

This is not as clear cut as you'd like to make it.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #15 
I don't mean to bash him at all, I love Shepard I just think in a 1 v 1 it is pretty clear cut. Chief infiltrated High charity with the help of the gravemind in halo 2 but once he was in there he was alone. The second time he was assisted by the UNSC during a flood invasion so you have me there.

Also they rebuilt Shepard, they didn't really enhance him if I recall. I don't remember being able to take on bigger things by virtue of being rebuilt, in fact I think I had to respec, am I wrong? It's been a while.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!