SWATH forum

Poll Results

Who Wins
 Commander Shephard 7 38%
 Master Chief 11 61%
Total votes: 18   Please or sign up to vote.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Cuttdown

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestersloose618
I don't mean to bash him at all, I love Shepard I just think in a 1 v 1 it is pretty clear cut. Chief infiltrated High charity with the help of the gravemind in halo 2 but once he was in there he was alone. The second time he was assisted by the UNSC during a flood invasion so you have me there.

Also they rebuilt Shepard, they didn't really enhance him if I recall. I don't remember being able to take on bigger things by virtue of being rebuilt, in fact I think I had to respec, am I wrong? It's been a while.

Honestly, the rebuilding of Shepard, was left open to the player.  You could change his abilities if you wanted, or leave him as he was, but Cerberus did have to use implants to replace the parts of him they couldn't fix.  So he was "better" than before even if they did try to leave him as he was

The technology greatly changed in the 2 years he was absent. 

In the Halo movie, Chief couldn't see the covenant soldiers who were cloaked.   In ME3, you can equip a cloak very similar to what is used in the Halo universe.  If that is the case, Shepard wins and Chief doesn't even get a shot off.

Again, this is not as clear cut as you say.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #17 
paint.png 

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttdown
Quote:
I don't mean to bash him at all, I love Shepard I just think in a 1 v 1 it is pretty clear cut. Chief infiltrated High charity with the help of the gravemind in halo 2 but once he was in there he was alone. The second time he was assisted by the UNSC during a flood invasion so you have me there.

Also they rebuilt Shepard, they didn't really enhance him if I recall. I don't remember being able to take on bigger things by virtue of being rebuilt, in fact I think I had to respec, am I wrong? It's been a while.

Honestly, the rebuilding of Shepard, was left open to the player.  You could change his abilities if you wanted, or leave him as he was, but Cerberus did have to use implants to replace the parts of him they couldn't fix.  So he was "better" than before even if they did try to leave him as he was

In the Halo movie, Chief couldn't see the covenant soldiers who were cloaked.   In ME3, you can equip a cloak very similar to what is used in the Halo universe.  If that is the case, Shepard wins and Chief doesn't even get a shot off.

You're right it may not be as clear cut but seeing as how many cloaked opponents chief has survived and overcome I still give this to chief 7/10 but I was unaware of the me3 cloak. Does cannon Shepard have this ability?

n00b
Reply with quote  #19 
Master Chief sucks at Halo

zC

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You're right it may not be as clear cut but seeing as how many cloaked opponents chief has survived and overcome I still give this to chief 7/10 but I was unaware of the me3 cloak. Does cannon Shepard have this ability?

The original Shepard was a "Commando"... so technically no... but with the rebuild, you could make him what ever, so there really isn't a "cannon Shepard" past ME1.

So chief has a computer program in his helmet "Cortana" right?  What is saying that Shepard's Omni-tool couldn't hack her programming and feed Chief false intel?  Shepard's Omni-tool can hack any other computer program you encounter in the ME universe.  Why would Cortana be any different?  Doesn't she get corrupted in the Halo games?

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #21 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The original Shepard was a "Commando"... so technically no... but with the rebuild, you could make him what ever, so there really isn't a "cannon Shepard" past ME1.

So chief has a computer program in his helmet "Cortana" right?  What is saying that Shepard's Omni-tool couldn't hack her programming and feed Chief false intel?  Shepard's Omni-tool can hack any other computer program you encounter in the ME universe.  Why would Cortana be any different?  Doesn't she get corrupted in the Halo games?

She never gets corrupted to my knowledge (I haven't played all of 4) but all Ai units have an expiration date where they learn too much and think themselves to death, they remove the programs that define their personalities to store more information and become expensive, glorified hard drives but cortana is incredibly complex and it is far more likely that she hack Shepard equipment and cause his equipment to malfunction or feed him false info.

By cannon Shepard I meant is there one path (soldier, psion, infultrator, etc) that Shepard takes on in books and movies where there is no player. For example in KOTOR 2 the outcast is female in the books and supplements and things and revan is male even though you can play the opposite gender in either game.

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #22 
Cortana being a "Smart AI" and the only one of her kind (being based off a living human mind instead of a cadaver) is the most advanced AI ever made.  She has hacked an entire alien city at once.  The Chief alone is highly underrated but with cortana in his suit she increases his reflexes to almost the speed of thought itself.  As well as providing the best tactical information about a situation that can be achieved.

SWATH Legend
Reply with quote  #23 
She's so advanced she literally allowed chief to b-slap a missile out of the air. <-- Source

n00b
Reply with quote  #24 
Chief: So you the guy from the tps but really just a romance game.

Shepherd: yea, your the guy with nothing good about you.

Chief: let's see halo ce, made xbox good and was the most unique fps out there, halo 2 introduced the famous plasma sword and duel wielding, halo 3 big plot twist at the end with the best side character dieing. I don't think so
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!