SWATH forum

Note: This topic is locked. No new replies will be accepted.

Poll Results

Superman Prime vs General Zod
 Prime 18 69%
 Zod 8 30%
Total votes: 26. This poll has been closed.

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
inFAMOUS

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod
Quote:
Originally Posted by inFAMOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommZod
Remember the atmosphere on the ship?  While they may have all they're crazy kryptonian tech like blasters and shit,  the atmosphere keeps them basically human.

Would that also effect Prime?

I like the idea that it would.  Take these 2 ridiculously super powered guys and make them fight like humans.  If this is the case I think the battle would definitely go to Zod, fighting skills and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCrowley
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanTheGr8
I doubt Prime would have on the Solar Suit - If I remember right he tore it off at one point bragging how powerful he was and that he didnt need it.  I cant find the scan of that but Im sure CommZod has it somewhere.  To me, that means the Solar Suit is no longer usable. 

This  ^

But didnt Man of Steel that imply that the sun wasnt the source of their power?  

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #17 
In Man of Steel they said it was the sun AND the atmosphere.  

SWATH Rookie
Reply with quote  #18 
Zod puts up a fight.  But loses.  

SWATH Expert
Reply with quote  #19 
Superman Prime has special rules about him... What with him being a pre-crisis version of Superman. Just because Man of Steel's General Zod has a ship that simulates Kryptonian atmosphere doesn't mean that it would affect all versions of Supermen the same. Even in the canon comics Prime is completely different our Earth's Superman.

So the debate here should be the above proposal; the different universe theory. If the atmosphere on the ship affects Prime, then he will undoubtedly lose on a ship full of Kryptonian soldiers. If Superman Prime keeps his powers, then there's no question he'll destroy all of them with no effort.

I, for now, am sticking to the idea that his powers will remain intact, so somebody please convince me otherwise.

n00b
Reply with quote  #20 
The ship doesnt suck your powers away right away does it?  Superman Prime is powerful like no other and unless it is instant he could beat them all and Zod.  

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #21 
It happened pretty quick in the movie, less than a minute I'd say and Superman was spitting up blood

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #22 
So if you think the ship will take away Prime's powers and Prime wont have access to his power suit, then Zod wins due to his greater combat ability and small army at his side.  

In all other scenario's Superman Prime wins.  

This is what makes the SWATH season so awesome.  Home field advantage!!!

Magnus

SWATH member
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercallo
Superman Prime has special rules about him... What with him being a pre-crisis version of Superman. Just because Man of Steel's General Zod has a ship that simulates Kryptonian atmosphere doesn't mean that it would affect all versions of Supermen the same. Even in the canon comics Prime is completely different our Earth's Superman. So the debate here should be the above proposal; the different universe theory. If the atmosphere on the ship affects Prime, then he will undoubtedly lose on a ship full of Kryptonian soldiers. If Superman Prime keeps his powers, then there's no question he'll destroy all of them with no effort. I, for now, am sticking to the idea that his powers will remain intact, so somebody please convince me otherwise.

This is my thought process as well.  If it does affect Superman Prime in some way, it will not be to the extreme as Superman or other Kryptonian's from that dimension/universe.

n00b
Reply with quote  #24 
If Superman Prime is on Zod's ship then I dont think he will have his powers just like Superman didnt have his when he was on board.  

SWATH Founder
Reply with quote  #25 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok
If Superman Prime is on Zod's ship then I dont think he will have his powers just like Superman didnt have his when he was on board.  

I've been leaning this way.  However Superman Prime was also unaffected by Kryptonite that wasn't from his universe.  So I'd say its 50/50 on if he'd lose his powers or not.

Quick Navigation:

Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!